Thursday, April 24, 2008

Artist's Residency

I'm very excited to announce that I've been offered a residency at the Ora Lerman Charitable Trust Artist's Residency at Soaring Gardens in Pennsylvania this summer!

I'll be there for eighteen days, June 16 - July 3, interacting with other artists and creating my own artwork. I intend to work on some paintings but I want to focus on creating artist's books.

It's the first residency I've been offered and I'm very excited about it.

The residency includes room and board, but I'm expected to pay for travel expenses, which can get expensive. So I'm asking for your help. If you'd like to help out, click here for an invitation to be a partner on my creative journey.

------------------------
Special thanks to Alyson Stanfield - I got the idea for this from her book, I'd Rather Be In the Studio.

I don't think I've written anything about artist's residencies, so I'll do that soon...

12 comments:

Charlotte said...

What a great opportunity! I just read that exact chapter in Alyson's book last night about "investing" in an art adventure. Good luck with your residency. I'm enjoying your blog, especially since you are a fellow North Texas artist.

Nancy Van Blaricom said...

Congratulation's. Now I really must buy Alyson's book "I'd Rather Be In the Studio". Great idea. Best of luck ... this will be a great experience.

Liz said...

big happy congratulations! looks like a great place, and a residency, so inspiring... I did one once in Wyoming about 10 years ago, and to get out of my own studio and the daily stuff at home for a blissful 2 weeks... I think I was more prolific that 2 weeks than at any other time...

Deborah Boschert said...

Wonderful! Congratulations. I'll be so eager to hear how it goes.

elisa said...

Congratulations! That’s really cool. I can’t wait to hear how your experience is at the residency. I love Alyson’s teachings too – I heard her lecture at the SmArtist 2008 teleconference – very helpful and insightful.

Anonymous said...

Hi Deanna,
I found your blog by Googling "how to write an artist's statement".

Congratulations on your residency offer. I'll surely be back to visit.

Jenna said...

Holy cow - congratulations!!! I'm so excited for you!

Jean G Dayton said...

Hi Deanna
Found you from Alyson's blog, great work - good luck with your residency - Ive bought Alyson's book - an artist's Bible! What a gem.

Sheree Rensel said...

Deanna,
I will invest in you! We all need to help and support each other. Artists need to embrace and encourage success within our "creative family". I attended a residency in 1988 at Vermont Studio Center. It was a life changing experience. I think your upcoming residency is a great cause! Count me in as a partner. Going to Paypal right now! Great good luck!
:-)
Sheree Rensel
www.wizzlewolf.com

barbe said...

congrats!!!!!!! I've always wondered how people got those! I should look into them, it sounds wonderful. I'm so very happy for you!

Sarah said...

Congratulations! It looks like a great place and I'm sure you'll be inspired :) Looking forward to seeing more artists books too!

Anonymous said...

A belated congrats! That's awesome... I hope to get into a residency someday (and will keep applying)!

Also, can't wait to see your blog posts about this!