Monday, February 23, 2009

Creativity

Being part of the Make28 creativity challenge, has made me focus on making something every day. And that's got me thinking about creativity and all its forms.

So I've been extra sensitive to information about creativity and of course, I start seeing it everywhere, or at least I start paying attention.

I thought I'd share a couple of videos with you. They've been making the rounds, but perhaps you haven't seen them yet.

This is from Atlanta based editorial photographer, Zack Arias:


And this is a TED talk by Elizabeth Gilbert:


I'll be posting more soon.

6 comments:

tlwest said...

both videos are wonderful! Thank you!

Anonymous said...

Deanna, thank you so much for sharing the TED Video about Creativity. Elizabeth Gilbert talk was wonderful! I loved when she pointed out that no one asked an engineer if he has engineer-block! Thanks!

Anonymous said...

Excellent videos. Important stuff. I found them both very healthy to watch last night. I was wondering if you were drawn to the footage of telephone poles and sky in Zack's video, having examined those kinds of images in your work.

Deanna said...

Thanks! I hadn't really thought about it, but I suppose I might have been drawn to the imagery. Good call!

Anonymous said...

THANK YOU FOR POSTING BOTH THE VIDEOS, VERY TIMELY FOR ME!

Shira said...

"please let the record show for today that I showed up for my part of the job"

Very inspiring. Thanks for sharing.