Wednesday, October 18, 2006

MOO cards

My little box of MOO MiniCards was waiting for me in the mailbox today! I'm very excited. They're so cute!

They're packaged in a cute little box with a sleeve. Inside are 100, 2 3/4" x 1 1/8" cards - less than half the size of a standard business card.

The images on the backs can be all different (I think I got 3 of each of mine) - you can get 100 different images. This is what's so exciting to me. Maybe I'm easily amused?

You can put up to 4 lines of information on the front and you have a limited choice of fonts and colors.

They take your images from your flickr page, so you have to have a flickr account (they're free). You can select the images you want to use and select the areas that you want to print. Most of my paintings are square, so the format was a little odd - most of my cards ended up being essentially details of paintings.

You also need to make sure that you upload higher-res images than you normally would. They recommend 640 x 480. A couple of mine were only 300 x 300 and they turned out fine, though.

Oh, and I guess they were fairly pricey for only 100 cards ($19.99), but you can get 100 different images, for cryin' out loud! How cool is that? And did I mention that they're super cute?

Check 'em out!

www.moo.com

www.flickr.com

9 comments:

Nancy Van Blaricom said...

Wow....... is this not the coolist thing I've seen in a long time. Finally, I think someone has invented a better mouse trap.... ok, business card. I need new cards desperately. What was the turn around time?

Thanks so much for sharing this. Awesome!

Angela Wales Rockett said...

I saw those mentioned on another blog the other day. I didn't know you could get words printed on them too! I have got to get me some of those.

Julia said...

I just found your blog and I'm linking you to mine right now! Love your posts...I'll keep coming back.

Nancy Van Blaricom said...

Tried to leave a comment last night on this one, but my computer was acting goofy..... I wanted to say:

WOW How awesome are these. Way too cool. Finally, someone built a better mouse trap... err, I mean business card. I need new ones... these are great.

Anonymous said...

thanks for showing us, Deanna ... yours certainly look great! I will cheque them out.

zelia said...

those are really great. i got the sample 10 pack of them, and loved them. i gave them all away at open studios, and i'll be ordering more. so tiny and cute!

Anonymous said...

groovy cards! thanks for the heads up! :)

Anonymous said...

Don't you just love these little cards??? I just got mine today. I keep taking them out to look at them. I think they were made for artists. So many opportunities for pictures to play with. Also, as always, great posts.

kelly rae said...

have i mentioned that i love your blog over here. soo much amazing information. i just ordered a bunch of business cards and postcards for an upcoming show, but i am sooo heading over to get some of these!