Monday, January 01, 2007

Goals for 2007

Lots of bloggers have been posting their goals in response to Alyson Stanfield's posts - or just making resolutions in general...

I've been thinking about my goals for 2007 and have been hesitant to post them... I'm a bit of a perfectionist and I tend to want to make sure things are just so before putting them out there. Also, if I post my goals on the internets, then everybody can see them. Then I have to succeed, right?

Anyway, I'm going to put it out there with the knowledge that I can always change them and add to them later. So here's what I've come up with (so far):

Art
Create 10 new 24" x 24" paintings
Create 20 new 12" x 12" paintings

Business
Create my own effective productivity system (after reading Getting Things Done by David Allen)
Follow up with galleries that had expressed interest in my work in the past (I will keep a file and review it monthly)
Send out 5 brochure/cover letter packets per month to new galleries (I will research galleries online and in person)
Send letters to past jurors (to keep me on their radar)
Update my mailing list quarterly
Receive gallery representation at galleries in 2 major cities
Schedule 1 additional solo show for 2008
Redesign my website (mostly because someone stole my design!)
Continue promoting and marketing my encaustic workshops (with postcards and emails)
Update website once a month
Enter at least 3 juried shows
Attend the National Encaustic Painting Conference at Montserrat College in June
Host an open studio event at my studio (either spring or fall)

I'll revisit these goals occasionally on this blog to review how it's going...

5 comments:

Rebecca said...

You are a brave soul putting your goals out there like that. Good for you. You also sound like you will be a very busy artist this year. I too have been inspired to decide on some goals, however, they are not yet completely formulated. Thanks for the reminder and gentle nudge.

Unknown said...

Wow! Thank you for sharing your goals. Your thoughts really resonated with me. I too, have been hesitating to just put mine out there. Like you, I am a 40-something capricorn who has read David Allen's book. For 2007, I resolve to send more out into the world and see what comes back around. Thanks again!

Pamela Viola
www.pamelaviola.blogspot.com
www.pamelaviola.com

Anonymous said...

Wow .. you have a great list of resolutions here! I am impressed with your art resolutions, but even more so with your business resolutions. I have never done even half of these things!

Hope that you manage to achieve your goals. And keep posting about your life as an artist.

kelly barton art + design said...

wow...thanks for the kick in the butt. i love your list and this is really helpful to me. i was having a bit of a pity party for myself today, this helps

so thanks and i dig your stuff!

Anonymous said...

Thank you so much for your resolution list! I admire your hard work and intention. Although I have not yet read David Allen's book, I look forward to buying it this week. I am a 43 year old emerging (self taught) artist that would appreciate guidance from anyone who began their career without a resume.
Thank you so much,

Rochelle Carr
http://www.rochellecarr.com